Thursday, April 1, 2010

Arm Update

I went to the doctor yesterday and saw 3 of them.  2 said I should get a new shoulder.  My primary orthopedic surgeon suggested physical therapy and wait a while and see if that works.  So, I decided on the physical therapy route.  He said if that doesn't work then to go get a new shoulder.  I saw the CT Scan and I didn't really understand it until today.  The Physical Therapist used a book and a skeleton replica to explain it to me and I guess I really did do a number on it.  Last time I pick up a 73lb dog.  My bad!

I went to Physical Therapy today and he did a few no hurt movements with me to get the blood circulating there again.  I have to go for 6 weeks, 3x a week.   I return to work on April 30th.

1 comment:

  1. The shoulder was badly damaged in the rotator cup. However, Pat has amazing resilience and a determination to get well...her shoulder healed on its own without surgery. Full movement, no restrictions.

    Today it is the 30th of December 2011 and she gets her other prosthetic knee on the 16th of January. That should do it as far as surgery goes.

    ReplyDelete